Sunday, July 17, 2011

Overly Happy People



I’ve observed on various occasions that countless people get excited & happy when others are about to get married or they are about to have babies. But I don’t think anyone can beat GEO when they get hyper. Yesterday I had the misfortune to watch bits & pieces of Aisam-ul-Haq’s engagement. I guess only GEO & some losers give a damn as to how his would-be wife feels about the entire thing. The level of excitement has been too much & the only question that pops up in my mind: yaar tumhari shaadi ho rahee hai kya? Anyhow, the media invariably tends to behave in an abnormal way; they enjoy the very experience of puberty like anything & refuse to grow.

I have never been a fan of Aisam-ul-Haq as he’s not Pete Sampras, Andrea Agassi, Boris Baker, Roger Federer or Steffi Graf, to begin with. I think he’s good-looking but I’ve noticed the level of deterioration in him has been remarkable ever since he came in that toothpaste ad. And that engagement ceremony that we saw was highly fake. It seemed as if they were all dying for media attention & the media was there to meet all their needs.

Now we all know that Aishwarya & Abhishek are going to have a baby soon. As usual the media & some people are way too excited & happy. At the same time, some people are already jealous of that kid who is not yet born. I’m so sorry to say I just don’t see how people are all happy about what’s happening in someone else’s life. Don’t you have a life of your own? Speaking of which reminds me of another celebrity named Milind Soman. I once saw his interview in which he said that his pals have serious issues with any female he shows interest in. Although he was laughing but I guess the point was pretty clear. It was good to know when he got married but no one was excited about his marriage. Maybe because he was in his 40s. However, the media had every reason to celebrate like mad. Some of us allow others to fuck up things for us & when we take a decision finally, it ought to be appreciated but nothing of the sort was done. I wonder if people even know that Milind is married or not. I guess they must be busy speculating as to who is making babies or getting married just now.

Anyhow, it’s amusing to see how people are all happy & excited about somebody else’s business. In spite of that happiness, they can’t help creating trouble for the less fortunate ones who aren’t as happy as they are. Since everyone cannot get excited & overly happy, I suppose this is the price they pay. And what I find thoroughly amusing is how people get impressed by the concept of valet parking in weddings! When the state of affairs is so, I believe one can’t expect much. Now you can openly say: I’ve known idiots & you! People will even miss the humor cause their own humor is an odd amalgam of sadness & happiness, & lots & lots of assumptions that are nothing but a mother of fuck ups. Maybe that’s what makes them overly happy & excited about everything.

According to one research, men are more likely to stay happy if there is frequent kissing & cuddling in their relationship. This is at least believable. But getting all excited & happy about someone else’s wedding doesn’t make much sense unless of course if you are an angel. But in all these years, I haven’t seen angels walking on this planet.