Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My teachers were the best


Today is Teacher Appreciation Day & I think I have been very lucky so far as teachers are concerned cause most of them were just amazing. They were easy to talk to & whenever I look back, I feel truly blessed.

However, I do have an urge to scribble this piece for a reason. Few months ago, I met one of my school teachers on FB. I really admired her all my life till I met her again online after more than 20 years. Actually we expect too much of teachers. We want them to be role models but they are humans, after all. They all have faults. Anyway, this one inquired me of my status, which is of course no big deal. When she came to know I was single, she insisted that I should marry as soon as possible cause I will grow old soon & no one can live alone. Fine.

Anyhow, I noticed her gigantic status one day that she went for grocery shopping & she saw a very skinny girl wearing provocative clothes…she wanted to hit her & tell her that men can never be interested in that kind of shit. On & off I used to read her crazy status updates in which she was just bitching for the heck of it or she was judging someone or the other. On top of it, people were so in love with her bitchiness. One of my friends wrote that she loved all those hateable quotes in which the teacher was jeering at someone.

However, her favourite topic was not marriage, it was rather bitching about single women. She referred to them as ‘no good option’ for men & she was way too judgmental. I don’t know how she knew that every single woman freaks out in a relationship. It cannot be the case but this woman thought she knew everything. If a man has not noticed you, it means you are good for nothing & had he noticed you, you might have been married. This was a strange logic. She also had issues with miserable people & she was bitching about Mr. & Ms. Misery whenever she could grab any opportunity.

I deleted her from my circle, because I don’t like to read such crappy things. Moreover, she was too bitchy & judgmental. In all these months I never read a single positive status by that woman. Even when she shared other things, she bitched about either single women or people who have ugly attitude which she couldn’t stand or maybe she saw her own reflection & went mad.

I don’t think anyone has the right to judge people except God but this teacher had no fear of God I suppose & then she knew what everyone should do which is getting married. I don’t think any sane person would go around making such big statements about single, miserable, lonely people as she did. I just can’t believe that even in 2011 we hear such crappy views. My sister very rightly said that she has never seen such a fat person who was so lost. When I was about to delete her, I asked my sis to go through her page, it was so full negative shit. And all this while, this teacher never had a good look at herself I guess cause if she would look at herself, she might not go around bitching about anyone.