Saturday, April 16, 2011

Irish student paid £250 to act as Miss Portman's body double







There is just too much controversy about Miss Portman’s body doubles. Few days ago, it was Sarah Lane who claimed that she did most of the dance scenes in Black Swan.

‘They're completely lying about the amount of dancing Natalie did in the movie,' she said.

'I've been doing this for 22 years, and to say that someone trained for a year and a half and did what I did is degrading not only to me but to the entire ballet world,' she said.

And now there is Caroline Davis (a local Irish girl) who was paid just £250 to jump into the cold waters for Natalie’s latest movie Your Highness & this means Natalie avoided braving the freezing lake.

Caroline Davis said: ‘I’m a film studies student so I jumped at the chance to be on set.’

The concept of body double is very old but in Natalie Portman’s case, it seems something new.