Thursday, June 9, 2011

The gifts of insult



I just read it & I can’t help sharing it. At first I thought of posting it on ‘A Lonely Walk’ but then I decided to post it here, cause I’d like to say a couple of things. Here it goes:

‘If someone comes to you with a gift, and you do not accept it, who does the gift belong to?’– asked the Samurai.

‘He who tried to deliver it’ – replied one of his disciples.

‘The same goes for envy, anger and insults’ – said the master.

‘When they are not accepted, they continue to belong to the one who carried them.’

It’s so true people only give what they have. But I guess it’s really tough on you not to respond or react. Not that it’s tempting but it’s really irritating to put up with shit for too long. And Sartre very rightly said:

“There is a limit beyond which it is not possible to yield, because to do so would be culpable weakness.”

Although negative vibes can be felt all over when people can’t stand you for whatever reason. I guess it’s kind of difficult to keep on ignoring such people. At the same time, it’s amusing to know how much importance is given to you by those who do not matter at all.