Tuesday, March 29, 2011

De Ghumake - Enjoy The Semi Final Tomorrow!



Everywhere we see, there is just one thing on everybody's mind and it is the Pak-India Semi Final match that will take place tomorrow in Mahali, India. I mean literally, on facebook, twitter, television, papers, this is the only topic being discussed.

I now feel cricket is what drives the nation. We breathe on cricket. It is our lifeline. Anyhow, I am amazed to see how a game can unite people and bring smile on an otherwise depressed nation. I saw how some people are so happy just to see their players play, by wearing the green shirts, and simply by talking about cricket.

This time round, hopes are set really high. But it is so strange that time is just not passing. It has become like the longest of waits. I can see Facebook status updates where the countdown has begun. I don't personally like the insulting and mocking tone of some people though cause a game is a game at the end of the day. But it's a free world as they say.

It is not really a battle field even if we are playing against India. Honestly speaking my Indian friends are excited but I have not seen any insulting updates from their end. Though I feel, both the nations are very similar when it comes to cricket. Very sentimental. Quite emotional!

Having said all that, I would love to send our wishes to Pakistan's cricket team. The pressure's really high on them. Hope they will win the match and make us all proud. But let's focus on enjoying the game. May the best team win.

Whatever the result is let's keep our dignity and give our team respect for providing us some happy and memorable cricket moments. Please no cursing and throwing stones whatever happens!

Enjoy the game and listen to this wonderful charged up cricket song.