Monday, February 27, 2012

Eik Rasta Hai Zindagi Jo Tham Gaye Tou Kuch Nahin – Kala Patthar



I'm madly in love with this song. It has been sung by Kishore Kumar & Lata.

Well Kala Patthar was released in 1979. It has been inspired by Chasnala mine disaster but the main plot is very similar to that of the novel Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad. But I can assure you the movie is not at all boring & a drag like Lord Jim. And all the students of Literature are supposed to read this unreadable novel even though it's not in the curriculum. It's compulsory to know certain books.

Anyhow, the movie just did average at the box office. Although it was nominated for a couple of awards, but it failed to win any. The cast was pretty huge & good. They all acted well. I would say it's a must watch, if you haven't seen it.

It's really funny when Shatrughan Sinha while playing cards says 'teesray badshah hum hain' & picks up all the money & leaves.

Coming back to the song, Shashi Kapoor looks so very cute. I think he is one the most cutest things on this planet. Actually today I woke up & I was thinking about this song.

And yeah I have been trying to explain this all my life:P

'Woh husn kay jalway hon yeh ishq ki awaazen
Azad parindon ki rukti nahin parvaazen.'

But people just don't seem to get it. Some people are like birds & they can't help it.

And I loved it even more when he says: 'Bhari rahay gi rahahguzar, jo hum gaye tou kuch nahin!'

I also liked these lines:

'Jaatay huay rahi kay saaye se simatana kya
Eik pal kay musafir kay daman say lipatana kya.'

But the important thing is: Jo hum gaye tou kuch nahin :P

I think if you want to live your life to the fullest, then this is how it ought to be:
'Eik rasta hai zindagi, jo tham gaye tou kuch nahin
Ye qadam kisi muqaam pay jo tham gaye tou kuch nahin.'

Anyhow I hope you enjoy the song.