Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lagi Aaj Saawan Ki Phir Wo - Chandni



Now this is another beautiful rain song but it's another thing it's very sad & painful. But I'm sure many can relate to it. I once read that you must hear this song at night. I believe you can feel the pain at any time of the day. It evokes those emotions that you may have experienced many years ago. I think this song has it.

'Woh hee tou hai mausam magar rut nahin woh
Meray saath barsaath bhi ro pari hai.'

How very painful! But it touches ones heart.

Well I specifically like this stanza:

'Koi kaash dil pay bas haath rak de
Meray dil kay tukron ko eik saath rakh de
Magar yeh hain khwaabon khayaalon ki baatein
Kabhi toot kay cheez koi juri hai.'

You know what I didn't like the movie Chandni as such. It's only when Vinod Khanna enters in the 2nd half then the movie becomes bearable. The romance between Sridevi & Rishi Kapoor was ultra-cheap. No doubt it was genuine but very cheap.