Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Zindagi Eik Safar Hai Suhana – Andaz



I love this song, because it's full of life. We should always bear in mind 'yahan kal kya ho kis nay jana' & make life easier for ourselves & others. One cannot even be sure what happens a minute later.

This particular film Andaz was released in 1971. It was quite successful. Although Rajesh Khanna was in the movie just for few minutes but people loved him. Moreover, this was the last hit of Shammi Kapoor as a lead hero. He was awesome. I think anyone can fall for his character.

Zindagi Eik Safar Hai Suhana was one of the most popular songs of its time. Kishore Kumar even got nomination for Filmfare best playback singer award for it. And unfortunately, it also turned out to be the last song that Jaikishan recorded before his death.

I didn't like Hema Malini in my childhood for obvious reason. There were Zeenat Aman & Parveen Babi. It wasn't possible to admire Hema Malini but later on I realized that she was a beauty. Even today she looks very graceful.

Basically I like the lines:
'Zindagi eik safar hai suhana,
Yahan kal kya ho kis nay jana.'

But other than, I also like when he says:
'Chand taaron say chalna hai aage
Asmanon say barna hai aage.'

As I have been able to understand it, you've got to do the things that may take you ahead & you shouldn't give a damn as to what others might say. They only say things when you're a success.

Although I don't believe in rules of any kind whatsoever but if one wants to stay happy, he must follow this:
'Hastay gatay jahan say guzar
Duniya ki tu parwa na kar.'