Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lay Kay Pehla Pehla Pyaar – CID


Classic movie! Brilliant songs! Great cast!
It has only five songs but all of them were super hits. It's a crime thriller & Dev Anand plays the character of a police inspector who's investigating a case. His friend was murdered & he had some crucial info about the underworld but before he could tell his friend, he was killed. Waheeda Rehman was introduced in this movie & she looked more beautiful than the heroine but she worked with the villain. And you could see Dev Anand was really a cool dude. Btw, the woman in the clip is Shakila. Besides Lay kay pehla pehla pyaar, which is sung by Shamshad Begum & Mohd Rafi, I also like Ai dil hai muskhil jeena yahan, & Ankhon hee ankhon mein ishara hogaya. But these two songs were sung by Mohd Rafi & Geeta Dutt.


Now a little bit about this particular song - I fell in love with it in my childhood & I'm still in love with it. But I didn't like the voice of Shamshad Begum as a child nor do I like it now, but maybe her voice was essential for this song. It couldn't have been this successful, had it been someone else I guess. And Mohd Rafi has a very sweet, soft, romantic voice. I've have this thing for soft voice.

Anyhow, Jadu nagari say aya hai koi jadugar is perhaps the thing of the past :P Now we don't come across any such magician.

I really like it when she says:
'Chahay koi chamke jee chahay koi barsay
Bachna hai mushkil piya jadugar say
Dega aisa mantar maar, akir hogi teri haar.'

And this sounds so beautiful:
'Tum nay tou dekha hoga usko sitaaro
Aao zara meray sang milkay pukaro
Dono hokay beqaraar dhundhe tuj ko mera pyaar.'
You could clearly see there was so much respect for love that even poetry sounded sacred.