Saturday, June 9, 2012

How people exploit even your love for animals


Yesterday my bunny Mr. Salt passed away & I still can’t believe it, cause he was doing just fine. He got ill in the afternoon & then died after two hours. When Pepper was attacked by snake, I went off my head. And Mr. Salt took her death very badly. Anyhow, right now it’s tough on his partner Hope. 

Another thing that happened yesterday is that I met Julie. In fact, she has been released from that so-called animal shelter. She’s in a pretty bad condition. She has become a bag of bones. Two of her puppies have got viral infection & all of them are so thin. According to the liars at the shelter, one puppy is dead. He was the cutest one. He wasn’t even ill. Only he was about to be adopted & suddenly he died. Everything is so fishy, fishy. And I have so many objections & negative statements about that so-called shelter that I don’t even know where to start. They even removed the puppies from the mother. She wasn’t feeding them. Why would you do that? All along they kept on lying, they were giving enough food to Julie, but still she was losing weight. Right now, the five puppies are at a boarding house. 



I believe Julie & her pups have been abused by these assholes. And now I don’t believe in these animal shelters & NGOs. Everything has been done just in name. I won’t ever think about proper animal shelter of any kind, cause it’s not right. Whenever we humans interfere, we fuck up everything. I’m saying it very openly that I don’t want to be a part of any such venture. Please don’t think that you can convince me on it. 

Anyhow, Julie is happy to meet us. We never visited the shelter as our brother didn’t think it was the right place. Had Z & I visited that place, I don’t think Julie & her pups would have suffered so much. 



But the reason why I’m writing all this is different. I want to bitch. And I want to bitch about something else. You see almost a week ago, this crazy old landlord asked my mom to take care of two kittens. In fact he has this crazy habit of picking up kittens & then dropping them at our door. In the evening, he came up with another kitten & the reason he picks them up is that they all bother these men while they are praying. He also believes he’s earning rewards by dropping kittens at our place. 1st of all, he separates kittens from their mom, (which is more of a sin if you care to think about it) then he puts the burden on other people. The idea that he always suggests is that you look after them for a while & then throw them. On top of it, he seriously believes he’s earning rewards for his selfishness. I don’t care if he’s an old man. He can do the good deeds himself or could ask his two kids to look after kittens. They don’t even have time for the cat they adopted. He has never been neutered. He goes off his head whenever he sees another cat. Although humans can put up with this & I know it’s not easy but I don’t know how does this 11 year old cat lives without ever having sex. His owner doesn’t believe in neuter as it is sin. 

Anyhow, I had to talk to his crazy, bitchy wife to put some sense in him. She suggested that she would just throw the kittens very gladly. Then she started bitching about her own 11 year old cat. Usually we look after him every six months when these two crazy people are not in this country. Then she even asked my mom that we should throw all our cats. Which doesn’t make any sense, cause this is not the issue & it’s none of her god-damn business. Another thing – her relative, the bitch herself, her servants…all of them are willing to throw the kittens. And what I find even more disgusting is that my mom thinks it’s the right step. But the three kittens are still with me, as I didn’t want to do something equally selfish. Moreover, my mom also told the landlady that my doctor has asked me to get rid of my cats & dog as my skin problem is aggravating. What was the need? I can’t tell you how pissed off I am. Whether I’m ill or healthy, it’s entirely up to me to make decisions about my pets. It’s not up to my mom or some god-damn landlady to dictate terms to me or tell me how I should throw my pets. And why should I throw them? Just because people do not know the meaning of loyalty, sincerity, humanity, etc, it doesn’t mean I should also become like them. 

I do care about animals but this doesn’t mean that people should exploit my feelings for animals. I also heard the old man is really saddened as I asked him not to bother me again with kittens. See if I want to look after an animal, I will do that myself. I don’t need anyone to decide that for me. 


Since Julie is back, she wants to be with us. She just came in the garden…my mom started grumbling & she wanted me to remove her immediately as the bitchy landlady will see the dog. I’m so sick of it. We pay…we are not living here on charity. I don’t care what these fucking selfish people think. I want to leave this place & I don’t know why we are still here. And what are people afraid of? No one even thinks twice when he/she comes up with hideous ideas of throwing puppies & kittens. But they are all scared when they think about some tyrant. I miss my father so much. 

I know this is not a nice piece. This is not even a problem, if you think about it. But I was just telling my sister that in these 20 years today I felt the need to have my dad. He had an acute sense of right & wrong. And he was the only adult in my entire life who behaved as one. I don’t know what does this crap ‘elder people’ mean. I don’t know anyone who behaves as an elder. It doesn’t matter how much older they are. Sometimes you need someone to bank on or to look up to. I don’t know anyone. Yeah my kid sister is more loyal to me that anyone. I also know I’m very lucky cause many people are just surrounded by fakers, they don’t have a single sincere pal. 


I have also reached the conclusion that we cannot expect much of a society where people suggest such obnoxious, mean & ugly solutions. We are inhuman & heartless. One of her relatives doesn’t even have a place to live. In spite of that she religiously believes in throwing animals. 

You know when one helps out an injured kitten or puppy or even an adult animal, we don’t think about earning rewards. We just don’t care about rewards. What matters is that animal survives & has a better life. We help because at some point in life, we needed someone to help us & there was just no one. Every time we help an animal, we actually help ourselves. But I don’t think everyone can understand it. 

I really can’t use the word selfless for myself, but I’m not going to allow assholes & bitches to exploit my love for animals. My mom is the one who taught me that one must speak up against wrong & honestly is the best policy & I give all credit to her for pouring this in my head. But I don’t know why she takes side with others & she also believes in those inhuman solutions. I just don’t like it.