Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review: Second Hand Jawaani





It took me a while to decide whether I like this song or not. The first time, I saw this video I felt it's just another cheap song with some catchy music - two hots girls and one Khan. However, as I listened to it over and over again, despite the fact that I pretty much dislike the lyrics the song grew on me.

The second hand jawani part suits Saif Ali Khan perfectly like a diamond. I don't know if anybody else has noticed it or not, but Saif has finally started to look a bit old. Gone are the days when he looked like that cute, smart boy and it was quite incredible that he carried those younger looks for so long. But not anymore. It just looks a little annoying. 

The truth - youth is only for a while after which one must learn to act their age. That's the way to be. When one tries to be all childish, it can be more than annoying even when good actors do that. So yes, Saif is a great actor but somewhere in the songs the silly looks kind of pull him down.

So, yes it's a cheap but fun song. There's something interesting about it, no doubt about that. Having said this, it is yet another short lived. Such music cannot last for a long time.