Friday, March 30, 2012

How strong are you?


“The human heart is vast enough to contain all the world. It is valiant enough to bear the burden, but where is the courage that would cast it off?” 

Joseph Conrad 
Lord Jim 

This is a very good question. It’s for all those strong individuals who put up with everything & do not share, cause it’s regarded as weakness. I think it requires courage to share your problems with others. Somehow we have been taught to carry the burden. We are not supposed to bitch about certain things. It’s okay to suffocate yourself as long as you think about your so-called honor. And what do you get in the end? Of course the answer is different for different people. 

Let me tell you a little bit about Lord Jim. It’s better to stay away from this book. Joseph Conrad is quite a bore. However, few lines in Lord Jim make you think & that’s why I sometimes go through the lines I have marked in the book. 

Anyhow, sometimes I think it’s better to talk. Bottled up emotions can only make you all the more depressed. I have realized that some problems cannot be solved. They don’t have any solution. The person suffers & suffers in silence. The more I think about certain victims, the more I’m convinced that nothing would change for them. I don’t blame them either. I think it’s really low on the part of society to judge them for being pessimists that they are. You don’t know what it’s like for them. 

I don’t think anyone is his/her own enemy. We do make certain choices & there are reasons. Reasons that no one may understand & it’s definitely courage to speak up when you’re sure that maybe no one will understand what you’re blabbing.