Monday, March 26, 2012

Tumhein Dillagi Bhool Jani Paray Gi – Nusrat Fateh Ali



My sister shared this song today & how can anyone ignore it? Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was an asset. He was a such a talented singer. We miss him so badly.

And this particular track is my all time favourite. It seems Nusrat Ali Fateh Ali sahab is teaching us that we have to forget certain things :P

Again it's kind of difficult to choose the best lines. The main stanza evokes a very strong feeling in a person who knows what true love is I suppose. It could be a joke for someone who has been breaking hearts though.

'Tumhein dillagi bhool jani paray gi
Mohabbat ki raahon mein aa kar tou dekho
Tarapnay pay mere na phir tum haso gay
Kabhi dil kisi say laga kar tou dekho.'

Beyond any doubt, 'kuch khail nahin hai ishq ki laag
pani na samaj yeh aag hai aag.'

You don't get just singed, you're touched by fire. And nothing touched by fire remains the same. I've read such things. I haven't experienced them. Anyhow:
'Eik aag ka darya hai aur doob kay jana hai.'

These lines are very situational:
'Wafaoon ki hum say tawwaqu nahin hai
Magar eik baar aazma ker tou dekho
Zamanay ko apna bana ker tou dekha
Humein bhi tum apna bana ker tou dekho.'

This is what really gets on the nerves. Those who mean nothing are there & those who do have to prove God knows what.

And last but not least, 'Satatay ho din raat jis tarah mujh ko
Kisi ghair ko yoon sata ker tou dekho.'

I tend to enjoy wherever I can. I'm not making fun of this situation. Life is so short. One doesn't know anything about the next minute. I don't really mind cleaning up the mess for someone I care, but one should at least acknowledge the very existence of the person.