Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Madonna's Girl Gone Wild is not that wild





I actually expected too much, so I don’t find it that raunchy or anything.

I think it’s a bad song. Maybe watching all that in real life is a different experience, but watching it on the screen doesn’t seem to get me excited. And we have seen Madonna experimenting so much in these years, we invariably expect a little more every time but now it happens to be the same thing & that's getting monotonous.

I’m thoroughly disappointed after watching this video. It’s badly sung & the video is just better than the song & that’s not a compliment. She’s seen gyrating up against the wall and wraps herself up in chains & dances. I don’t see anything new. And those oiled up, topless young men aren’t that sexy either. And these men look really stupid wearing leggings and stilettos & the moves are really horrendous. Sorry I can’t call it seductive choreography.

I used to be a huge fan of Madonna, but now I’m not. I have been listening to her old songs lately that I loved in my school days. I don’t like them anymore. She has surely lost her charm. I’m not saying it because she’s 53 year old now. I think she could have done it a lot better than this. I’m sure many would find it breathtaking though.

Btw, some fans have controversially suggested Madonna took inspiration from Lady Gaga's Alejandro. Does she need to? I have a feeling that she’s copying herself. She needs to come up with something different. We have seen all this before. The girl hasn’t gone wild. The girl has been wild all along. She needs to take it to the next level. Repetition is not what we are interested in anymore.