Wednesday, March 28, 2012

'Modeling was my revenge': Candice Swanepoel



This hasn’t been a million dollar discovery but I’m sure people are always super sensitive about themselves. I think nearly all of us have been bullied in school days. Bullying is something that continues. There is no age limit. 

Anyhow, Victoria's Secret model Candice Swanepoel has revealed that girls used to tease her about her thin frame. 

She told the GQ magazine: “At school, I got teased because I was so thin and awkward-looking. But the girls on TV looked similar to me. I would say to my mom "The girls at school are teasing me, but I look like those girls on TV". A year later, someone took me to an agency and that’s it. Revenge is always… I know it sounds terrible, but it does feel good to show those people.” 

Whenever I read this kind of an interview, I have a feeling that the person has some sort of a complex. Almost everyone has been bullied and teased at some point in his/her life. When we are happy or we have reached our goals, I really don’t think that’s the time to think about those who used to make fun of us. When one is truly happy, one has no time for enemies or revenge. 

And she has even given one tip, which is equally shallow: “Whenever you feel down, you can check on Twitter and feel better about yourself, because it’s only people who like you.” 

Wow! I think it explains everything. She really gives too much significance to people. 

It’s only people who even bully us. And it’s only people who like us. In this shoot, I suppose Candice was just thinking about revenge. Actually this is what I read:

 “Victoria's Secret model Candice Swanepoel shows off her impressive physique in her latest shoot for GQ magazine, gaining revenge on her school bullies.”

 What kind of revenge is it anyway? You’re showing off your naked body. Those who are jealous of you or whoever regards you as a threat will always find fault in you. Candice is a pretty woman…at least her pictures seem to say so. But I’m really disappointed after reading her views on revenge. It seems she's still not satisfied. I don't think a satisfied person would ever waste time on crap. That person has far better things to do than to talk about taking revenge with some low-life fuckers that one may have encountered at some point.