Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Truth or Dare perfume ad


ABC has deemed Madonna's ad for her new her perfume, Truth or Dare, too racy. 

This is not at all surprising but I don’t find the ad racy or raunchy. In fact I find it utterly boring. Madonna needs to stop it now. We are tired of this nonsense. I don’t think she could take seduction to any new level. Putting emphasis on her cleavage maybe fun for her, but I think an average person who has been watching her ever since the late 80s is very tired. We don’t give a damn if she is in control of her overt sexuality. We know she’s a bad girl. We don’t need reminders & it’s equally irritating when we get stupid reminders. 

She has been in the headlines this week owing to the new video for Girl Gone Wild which was banned for under-18s by YouTube for its inappropriate content. But that wasn’t enough. 

Anyhow, the ad for her perfume sucks big time. I seriously wonder how is the perfume though. Btw, Truth or Dare will launch globally in May. 

And yeah Madonna explained in a statement: “My oldest memory of my mother is her perfume. I carry it with me everywhere. She always smelled like Gardenias and Tuberose. An intoxicating mixture - feminine and mysterious.”