Monday, January 30, 2012

Divorced men twice as keen to re-marry as divorced women


A new study shows that men are much more likely to get over a stressful and complicated break-up than women.

Divorced men are much keener to re-marry than their former wives, researchers found, with 47 per cent of men who had been through a divorce eager to wed again.

That’s more than twice as many as women, who seem to fall into the 'once bitten, twice shy' category. The study was carried out on 2000 adults & it suggests divorced men are far more committed to finding love again.

The other day I also read that men are the first one to say ‘I love you.’ Moreover, if you have been thinking about someone for more than four months, that means you are already in love with that person.

My observation is that divorced people invariably marry again & it goes for both men & women.

However, in some rare cases people never get recovered from past traumatic experience. Either they never marry again or some never think about marrying after that kind of relationship. Trust is indeed a very fragile thing & no one likes to get hurt again & again. Most probably, brain cells are damaged badly owing to a tragic experience. That’s indeed a mean thing to say but it happens. You’ve got to be very lucky if you see ray of hope after being treated as dirt by the love of your life. Anyhow, it’s stupidity to let yourself suffer forever just because someone else was not loyal to you. Give yourself points for being sincere rather than closing all the doors. And learn to forgive yourself for being loyal & sincere rather than punishing yourself. I think bad things happen to good people so that when really good, amazing things happen, they may value them.

And I also read the other day you can easily tell whether a guy is into you or not by one thing – when you tell him your problem or what’s bothering you, & he shows concern, he’s definitely the right one for you. Speaking of which reminds me that someone said goodbye to me when I went to him with my problems :P Nevertheless, this is life. At one point, I thought rejection was the most difficult thing to take. I was young at that time & I took it badly but today I know they actually did a favor to me.

Moreover, I don’t understand why do people say that they won’t ever find love as they don’t deserve it. How could they possibly lower their self-esteem & think bad of themselves? The universe might have conspired against you but that doesn’t mean you are not worthy of anything. Yes I have that interview of Demi Moore in my mind & a couple of other ladies I know personally who are badly plunged in the valley of depression & darkness as some guy didn’t bother to marry them. I’m so sorry I have taken this entire study in different directions but I can’t help it, so I would go on. You may stop reading me. You have that choice.

I guess this rotten society & how people give you respect once you are married is one of the reasons that could give headaches to all those women who are growing old. They find you socially acceptable when you are somebody’s wife. What a rotten way of looking at things. Anyhow, I promise you one thing…if people would be forced to give me this kind of respect at any point in my life, I’ll make a lovely bitch :P You just mark my words.

I’m wasting my time on this write-up for one reason. Stay positive. Don’t feel bad if someone has rejected you & doesn’t find you worthy enough. Let life give you another chance rather than crying for shitty people. Those who really care about you would never make you cry. And even if you don’t meet anyone, it’s alright. You are still special.

This might help you:

“The only difference between you & God is that you have forgotten you are divine.”

I know we don’t see super humans or god-like creatures walking on this planet & it’s true countless people won’t even accept this word for themselves even for a second. And those of us who do, our parents have worked really hard on us but nevertheless if no one has made you feel this special, you have read it today.

Incidentally, I totally admire this spirit of being more keen to marry after a bad experience.