Thursday, January 12, 2012

The new face for Ann Summers




The 20 year old Lucy Moore has been chosen from 4,000 entrants. This lucky woman will star in the lingerie chain’s 1st ever TV advert. And it’s a Valentine’s Day campaign. Can you believe it? This year we have painted Valentine’s Day in a different way. It’s called very, very curvy. Btw, she got an impressive 22 per cent of the public's 30,000 votes.

Miss Moore always wanted to be a model, & she still could not believe that she had won. We can’t believe it either but anything is possible.

Anyhow she said: 'At school I was the biggest girl in my group of friends, so I avoided being teased by being fun and bubbly. Now all of my course mates at university have seen me in my underwear. It's a bit weird.'

Miss Moore added: 'This has been one of the most exciting things to happen to me and I couldn’t believe I made it into a national modeling competition and have now won; it is beyond anything I could have imagined. Hopefully it will be an inspiration to other curvy girls and give them confidence. I kept looking at the other girls and thinking how beautiful they were. I thought any one of them could win it. I want to represent women with a curvier figure and show them that you can be sexy no matter what your size or shape.'

Well, well I think size does matter. It’s heavy on the eye to see certain things. However, the world is changing. Yesterday I had the misfortune to go through this article about plus size models. In fact it was a bold shoot. In one of the pics, a nude plus-size model was posing alongside a skinny 'straight-size' model. It was totally grotesque. I didn’t check out the other pictures but the thumbnails were equally scary.

I just can’t understand why the fashion world is hell bent on accepting & promoting obesity.

One woman said, 'We all women are brainwashed to believe that we are ugly and men will never look at us if we are not starving... We need more variety of healthy female body images.'

Another woman said, 'I don’t think the fashion world should support obesity, just as I don’t think it should support anorexia.'

I think men love fat women with all the curves in all the wrong places. They prefer to hang out with ordinary looking, healthy, obese women. I don’t think they hate to look at them; they love them. Be it size 14 or 16, they love them all. I think the problem arises when they come across someone who has the right thing in the right place. And if the girl is pretty, she has no chance.

I think one should stay fit & healthy. And by healthy, it doesn’t mean you should eat like a pig & must weigh like an elephant. However, if you are content with your weight, then you don’t have to give any justification. But lying to yourself that you look sexy even when you don’t is not the right thing. Even skinny people don’t always look sexy. That’s a stupid myth. And I’m telling you a big fat ass is always a winner. Ask any man. They just love that kind of thing.

Anyhow I say love yourself. Love your body no matter what the size is. But please don’t lie to yourself. I know how people make fun of fat & skinny people. Even chubby people have never been spared. I suppose people just love to make fun of everything; they just need an opportunity to jeer at you. As long as you are satisfied with yourself & your looks, you shouldn't care about anything.