Friday, January 20, 2012

Remarkably amusing times


Now I know for sure that we live in remarkably amusing times & I want to thoroughly enjoy it. I love some of the dailies for covering amusing stories all the time.

I couldn’t help thinking about Golshifteh Farahani’s stunt which is in protest against restrictive Islamic codes. I wonder if anyone besides Farahani has acquired something by this act of kindness. I don’t think shackles have been removed or broken by posing nude. Seriously speaking, I don’t think Farahani could help teenagers like Sahar Gul in Afghanistan who are being forced into prostitution. She also cannot help that Bangladeshi girl whose fingers were chopped off by her husband as she wanted to pursue higher studies. And this so-called nude stunt (as I can’t see anything in that picture) also cannot help all those men & women who are residing in jail in my country thanks to inhuman laws.

I don’t claim to comprehend everything. There are certain words such as promiscuous & desperate that I still don’t understand; most probably the meaning that people attach to these words somehow stink. And yes I also cannot understand vague protests.

In order to protest against restrictive Islamic codes, Ms. Farahani takes off her clothes. This is really funny. And what does she get out of it? Yeah people are talking about her nude pic, which is good for her, cause many people don’t even remember that she worked in Body of Lies but now they know her by her name.

I think mind is the potent weapon. If you want to bring about changes, you use your brain cells.


Although I do find Michelle Williams a very bad Marilyn & I don’t want to see the movie but I admire her for making this statement:


“I wouldn’t say that that would be one of my first qualities as a human being—being sexy. And I think because my character on Dawson’s Creek was sexy…sexualized…sexual…I saw all the negative attention and connotations that can come along with that. And that those things can keep people from seeing you clearly.”

She has played the role of one of the most sexiest characters & yet she’s not dying to be called sexy. I’m sure lusty, hideous men must have given her a tough time. Which reminds me of those plus size models who are all set to change the world :P but I have already wasted one write-up on them. However, I really admire their spirit. That’s all I can say in their honor.

But I love them all for amusing me night & day.