Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A woman donated her kidney to a stranger she met at a party


This is a beautiful story. There are days when we come across really good stories & I guess it happens to be one.

Manoly Viravong met Veronica Buttigieg who happens to be a friend’s friend at a party. During the chit chat when Manoly mentioned that her brother had changed his mind about donating his kidney to her, Veronica made an amazing offer.

‘Why not have one of my kidneys?,’ she asked.

And she did not just say it. She meant it. Manoly has suffered from kidney problems for the last 18 years & she thought Veronica was just kidding but then she realized she was pretty serious about this.

‘When I found out we were a match I was stunned. I just couldn’t believe it.’

These two women have now become very good friends ever since the surgery that took place in July & Manoly has been very thankful & happy.

‘I had been feeling very low because my brother had changed his mind about giving me his kidney, yet here was a virtual stranger offering to do an amazing, wonderful, selfless thing for me. I can’t really thank her enough. We are very close now, like sisters. I’m really grateful to her and I count my blessings every day.’

Veronica is back to work & she’s coping pretty well with just one kidney.

She said: ‘I have no regrets and I would do it again tomorrow.’

It’s really amazing that your sibling decides not to donate the kidney & you meet a total stranger who turns out to be so very selfless. Which means there is still hope in this world. However, we need more people like Veronica.

Here you could read the entire story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2079391/Mother-Veronica-Buttigie-donates-kidney-dying-stranger-Manoly-Viravong.html