Tuesday, December 13, 2011

An Equal Music – A Great Story!


Yesterday I was going through one of my notebooks & I read these lines & as usual I thought of posting them on the blog.

“You connect me to the greatest happiness – and unhappiness – I have known.”

“You were such a huge part of my life. You are. But I don’t want anything from you – anything complicated. Anything at all.”

“I don’t know how I’ve lived without you all these years.”

“I said I could not sleep without you, yet I do. Is it not to be wondered at?”

“I need to say so much that I say nothing.”

“I have loved you more than I can say.”

Actually I read An Equal Music 5 or 6 years ago. I’m sure fans of Vikram Seth must have read it. But those who can read & still not read it, I believe they are making a big mistake. It’s that kind of book. It’s truly a masterpiece & you would really enjoy reading it. An Equal Music is a book about love & music. It’s about love that was lost & found & lost again. I don’t usually recommend love stories but this one is good or so I believe. The plot is awesome, at least in my eyes.

Well I don’t actually relate to every quote but I’m sure many will. Sometimes I do feel love is also over-rated. Love is the feeling that breaks you so badly & here I’m not talking about love that you feel for the opposite sex. We say we can’t take it but we sleep every night. I feel guilty whenever I think about my cat Princey. Yes, he was a huge part of my life. I’ve never felt that way about any pet in my entire life. He’s still a beautiful memory but in spite of what I felt for him, I didn’t die with him. Of course not a single day passes by when I don’t think about him. It’s true for one entire year, nobody knew as to where I was after his death. I just wanted to stay away from everything, including the net that can be so irritating when one is really down.

Now coming to the other kind of love that causes headaches & heartbreaks…countless people have already said too much on it. I guess nothing is left. However, whenever they say all those who have loved & lost, I find it extremely dramatic. Anyhow, I hope all of them meet better people. All those who are lucky enough to have someone caring, I wish them all the best! As for myself, I would very much like if all stray cats & dogs in my neighborhood fall for me in 2012. And those who are purely interested in shit (you know what I mean), I hope they try out new sports for a change.

I’d also like to share this particular quote:

“If you have the strength to love, you also have the strength to survive heartbreak…The joy, the ecstasy that you drew from being in love, is the essence of your life.” - Saadat Hasan Manto

I’m amazed to see how people sometimes throw themselves & they just don’t even think about their self-respect. Heartbreaks are bad but they can endured. I think love is a gift. There’s no point to beg for it. It happens or it doesn’t happen. There ought to be some element of honor in it. I don’t think I would like it as charity given to me cause I'm lonely & just can't take it anymore. And if you’re confusing lust with love, then it’s entirely your fault. That kind of fun should be taken as fun & nothing more. That's why everyone says flings are so much fun than anything else.

We all have seen in movies how they want us to believe that once you burn the pic of someone who deserted you, you feel a lot better. I did try it out. I thought I might feel 007ish but I didn’t feel anything. But it’s sure fun to try out something one has never done before.

Anyhow, these are my views & I don’t want anyone to get offended. Maybe I don’t understand few things. And I honestly, do not mean to hurt the sentiment of anyone out there. It's how I look at things now. I can't say anything about tomorrow.