Sunday, February 26, 2012

22-inch Nepalese man might be the smallest man




Chandra Bahadur Dangi, 72, will be officially named the world's smallest man by Guinness World Records. He’s just 22 inches tall. Guinness World Records said if his measurements are correct, he will beat the current record holder for the world's shortest man, Filipino Junrey Balawing, 18, who is 23.5 inches tall.

Dangi’s from a small village in Nepal. He will be measured by Guinness World Records officials at Kathmandu. He said: “I feel good that I will be declared the world's shortest man.”

He has never taken any kind of medication in his life nor has he ever been examined by a doctor. Naturally the cause of his height problem has not been diagnosed by the doctors. However, it is suspected that he may suffer from primordial dwarfism which begins in the womb.

Dangi wants to travel the world & he hopes things get better for him once he’s recognized as the smallest man by Guinness: “I think things will be better now. I hope that I will be famous all over the world. I want to visit foreign countries and meet people from around the world.”