Monday, February 20, 2012

Hum Kisi Say Kum Nahin



I don't think anyone can beat Rafi. I think Asha Bhosle sounds a lot sexy when she doesn't try hard to be sexy. In the 70s & 80s, she did well but I don't know what happened to her later on. I liked her more than Lata.

This is not just my favourite qawwali but I could actually relate to a couple of things. First of all I really like this attitude: Hai agar dushman zamana gham nahin, koi aaye, Hum kisi say kum nahin. In fact the main stanza is superb.

And I love this stanza: 'Aaj hum jaisay jigar walay kahan, zakhm khaya hai tab huye hain jawaan. Teer ban jaaye doston ki nazar, yeh banay khanjar dushmanon ki zubaan. Baithe hain teray dar pay tou kuch kar kay oothengay, ya tuj ko hee lay jayengay ya mar kay oothengay!'

I guess you don't have to be in love to know 'roz hee chalte hain hum tou angaron pay'...

Even these lines are very deep: 'Bhes Majno ka liye main nay jo Laila hokar, Rang laaya hai dupatta mera maila hokar. Ishq jab duniya ka nishana bana, husn bhi khabara kar deewana bana' & 'Kaisay ruk jayengay hum kisi chilman say, zulfon ko banda hai yaar kay daaman say.'

Hum Kisi Say Kum Nahin was released in 1977 & it was also a super hit. It had nine songs & the sound track was directed by R. D. Burman. This particular song is a qawwali & it was sung by Mohammad Rafi & Asha. Both Rishi Kapoor & Zeenat Aman looked awesome in the movie. Many people say that Zeenat Aman only looked like a churail...you can see for yourself that she was such a sexy, pretty woman & in this movie, she looked very pretty. In fact this was a unique couple. I really liked them together.

It also has a huge cast...Tariq & Kajal were the other two people in love; in fact the main story revolved around them & they suck big time! But it's a good movie.