Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chand Aahen Bharega, Phool Dil Tham Lenge - Mukesh



Well I have always been fascinated by this song. I like the lyrics but I don't like the video.

Actually this song is for some goddess. Although Mala Sinha was pretty but still the song didn't go on her & she looked kind of dumb while dancing on this song. Actually she seems too human for it. In fact I can't even think of a name in the entire industry who might have done justice to it. I think a very, very beautiful woman was required & we still don't have that kind of a face...you know a really unique face. Anyhow, it's just my opinion.

Come to think of it...'Teri khaatir farishtay sar pay ilzaam len gay' & 'Aur mumkin hai tera zikr kar day khuda bhi' - these lines need a goddess or someone goddess-like at least.

In fact the main stanza too is not for just any face:
'Chand aahen bharega,
phool dil tham len gay,
husn ki baat chali tou
sab tera naam len gay'

Phool Bane Angaare is a story of sacrifice & how people change their colors once the situation alters. Mala Sinha lived with his widowed mother & younger brother. She decides not to marry her sweetheart Raj Kumar who is an army officer. In fact when the mother dies, she raises her brother all alone.It's up to you to watch it. I have no intention of watching it. I don't mind listening to this song though.

Anyway, the song is really beautiful. You could sing it out to your pets or if you really find someone that beautiful.