Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sawan Ka Mahina - Milan



What a beautiful song! And India had such brilliant artists such as Mukesh, Rafi, Kishore & Manna Dey. They were assets. You listen to them & you're lost in a beautiful world.

Milan was released in 1967 & this movie is based on re-incarnation. I'd recommend it. I really had a good time watching it. Plus both Nutan & Sunil Dutt are my favourites. The only person I didn't like was Jamuna. Her character was irritating but she got Filmfare best supporting actress award for her role. Maybe if I see it now I might like Jamuna. After all, she makes a huge sacrifice for her love. Pran was as usual a meanie. Even Nutan received best actress award but it was well deserved. Moreover, Laxmikant Pyarelal also got award for best music director. All the songs of Milan are awesome. And I love the song 'Main tou deewana.' It's a very sad song but it touches your heart. Actually Milan was a remake of Telugu movie Mooga Manasula.

I give 101 % to Mukesh for making this song timeless. I'm not being biased. You know it's his voice that has more weight.

I like these lines:

'Maujhwa kare kya jaane, humko ishaara
Jaana kahan hai poochhe nadiyaa ki dhaara.'

And it's sweet when she says: 'Marzi hai tumhari lay jaao jis or!'

I've always loved how Mukesh says: ' Jiyara re jhoome aise banmaa naache mor.'

I like Sunil Dutt, cause he seemed like a gentleman. There was something about him. He seemed a very good human. Plus both Sunil Dutt & Nutan looked too sharif & I love such couples.