Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mohabbat Baray Kaam Ki Cheez Hai – Trishul



A very, very cool track! And Hema Malini looks really very beautiful in this movie. And you all know how much I adore Shashi Kapoor...whatever I'd say, it won't be enough to express my love for this good-looking, cute man.

Trishul was another blockbuster & it was released in 1978. It had a huge cast & the story line was excellent. The music was also excellent. No wonder it did so well at the box office. It was also directed by Yash Chopra.

I don't know why but I've always been fascinated by the lines of Amitabh:

'Kitabon mein chhapate hain chaahat kay kissay
Haqikat ki duniya mein chaahat nahin hai
Zamane kay bazaar mein yeh woh shay hai
Kay jis ki kisi ko zarurat nahin hai
Yeh bekaar bedaam ki cheez hai.'

Indeed 'Ye bas naam hee naam ki cheez' for some people.

But I also like it when Shashi Kapoor says: 'Daavat-e-ishq dey rahi hai fazaa, aaj ho ja kisi hasin pay fida!' Par husn ki tou itni kami hai kay I don't think it's possible. Perhaps what Amitabh said has more weight. Only when I think about my pets & stray animals I'm friends with, I can say mohabbat baray kaam ki cheez hai!