Saturday, May 12, 2012

Betty White rocks to this day!


Betty White happens to be the hot favourite of many & I like her, cause she’s an animal lover. For her, a true animal lover has an animal for companionship, not for show. She believes in rescuing animals rather than buying them. It shouldn’t come as a surprise when she said: 

“Don’t breed unless you mean it.” 

Since we also support LGBT, I also like her stance on gays: 

"I don't care who anybody sleeps with. If a couple has been together all that time — and there are gay relationships that are more solid than some heterosexual ones — I think it's fine if they want to get married. I don't know how people can get so anti-something. Mind your own business, take care of your affairs, and don't worry about other people so much." 

Yes, mind your own business! I can’t ever comprehend as to why people worry so much about gays & lesbians & go out of their way to bother them. 

I think everyone likes to be complimented. Just in case you want to know what’s the best compliment to pay a lady, Betty has given a fabulous tip: 

“A lady likes to be complimented on her looks, her eyes, her figure. But the personality comments are much appreciated. "You're fun to be with. I think about you when I'm not around you." 

This is another good tip but unfortunately men of today don’t do such things anymore. 

“If you're walking with your lady on the sidewalk, I still like to see a man walking street-side, to protect the lady from traffic. I grew up with that, and I hate to see something like that get lost. I still like to see that a man opens the door. I like those touches of chivalry that are fast disappearing. If I sound old-fashioned, it's because I'm as old as I am. But it's just polite.” 

I think my brother-in-law is the only person who has ever opened door for me five or six times. I can’t think of any other guy who has ever done that. I think one of our professors who was also a friend of my mom Sir. Raffat Karim was a thorough gentleman & unfortunately he’s dead. And just once this celebrity Faisal Rehman opened the door for me & I was literally shocked. I couldn't even thank him as I was in a state of shock.

Anyway, Betty was married to Allen Ludden from 1963 to 1981. She didn’t remarry & I just love her reply. It’s one of the most cutest thing I’ve ever read. 

“Why marry again when you had the best? I had a marriage where we enjoyed our lives together every single day. We made each other laugh every single day.” 

Just like any normal person, she too has this Hollywood crush. 

“The hottest man in Hollywood remains Robert Redford. I've never met the man, but I just enjoy fantasizing about him completely.” 


Actually I’ve gathered all these statements from here & there. I think Betty White is really a gem of a person. She has answered everything with honesty & that’s why whatever she said has weight.