Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dissection of water babe


Some people have been brutally honest about the face of SmartWater. 

Now that face is really cute, but yeah most of the time I feel she looks fake. I could be wrong about it as I’m not her fan. And yeah I’ve always liked Angelina Jolie. Moreover, I suppose the best thing about Jennifer Aniston was Brad Pitt. 

Anyhow, this is her 4th year as the face of the brand. And most of her pics have been photo shopped. The face, for the most part, is heavily photo shopped. Seriously, is it necessary? I think she would look better if they don’t mess up with the real image. After all, she’s over-rated but cute. Or maybe they need to. I don’t know. The problem is…most of these celebrities give very forced & fake expressions & when these people airbrushed them, it looks more fake & annoying. 



Anyhow, this is how water babe has been dissected: 

“There were some memorable ads two years ago where the Photoshop wizards made Aniston’s nose ridiculously upturned, like a snout. She’s usually scantily-clad too. So how do these ads stack up? Eh. The photo where she’s wearing the black t-shirt – that one is okay. I mean, it looks really retouched, but it still looks like HER. But the one with light-colored, half-buttoned blouse? It looks like they morphed her face with someone else. And her lips look kind of crazy in that one too.” 



Anyway, I think in 2010 & 2011, she looked much better. However, it’s a stupid pic in which she’s getting out of a limo with the bottle of SmartWater.



And that tagline is also stupid: ‘Smart because it’s made that way.’ Reminds me of those ad people who just never get tired of saying this rotten dialogue: ‘It’s a way of life.’ 

Now read this:

‘Smart because taste never goes out of fashion.’

‘Smart because life is best distilled.’

Can’t call them over-smart captions! I don’t have words to express my disgust, but it speaks highly about the client’s IQ level. 

I believe water is the most sexiest thing on this planet but this doesn’t make water look sexy, but it somehow drains out something essential from water & makes it so god-damn ordinary. Drinking that water from any particular bottle will also not make you smart. This is just my opinion. Smartwater is just very ordinary water.

And just come to think of it, taste never goes out of fashion. Where the hell these people live? Taste changes with time & sometimes it changes within minutes. Most probably they are telling us that SmartWater will make sure you stay stagnant for a long time.