Friday, May 25, 2012

A man divorced his wife as she refused to get rid of her cats


I don’t want to sound mean but when I read the title, I couldn’t help laughing. This man has divorced his wife because she didn’t get rid of her 550 cats. The court urged her to reconcile earlier on but she has chosen her cats over her husband. 

1st thing 1st, 550 cats are too many. I don’t know how does she manage to take care of them. Anyhow, it’s evident that cats meant more to this woman than her husband. In a way, I do feel sorry for him. Since there were hundreds of cats in the house, he couldn’t sleep in his own bed. Something could have been done about it. The wife had the option of not allowing cats in the bedroom, but it seems they didn’t want things to work out. Cats were running around all the time & he even had difficulty using the bathroom. Moreover, it was difficult to prepare meals when there are zillions of cats in the kitchen. 

“When he sat to eat, cats jumped onto the table and stole his food,” according to the Times of Israel. 



Honestly, I do feel sorry for him. In this case, the wife didn’t compromise a bit. You don’t have to throw the cats, but you could have made things better by taking few steps. When a person wants to sleep & cats are all over you, it’s damn difficult. Cats not just walk around everywhere, they also have fights, which can be very nasty. A person who is not cat lover cannot adjust to this kind of lifestyle. And then cats also shit & some don’t ever shit in the pot…Oh I feel very sorry for the man. In a way, it’s good they are not together. I’m amazed at animal lovers who love animals like mad but don’t make a single compromise for their loved ones. Very weird! 



Anyhow now I know why no one wants to marry me :P I only have 37 cats & one dog, & honestly speaking, it can drive you nuts at times. Since I don’t believe in animal shelters over here, so I’m content with what I’m doing for these animals right in my home. And my mom is the main reason why I have been able to do something for stray animals & my pets. What I find funny is how people presume that I would take all my cats with me even though I’ve never said anything of the sort to anyone. It’s their home & they are happy over here. Anyhow I’ve also met guys who presume that I give more importance to my pets. I also give importance to my sister & my pals. Had there been anyone special in my life, I might have given him that much importance…maybe a little more. I think it’s ridiculous to compare yourself with someone’s pets. 

Pets are like your kids. In order to form a new relationship, I really do not think you must sever ties with those who have been around for so long unless they are selfish & they don’t want you to be happy with any man or woman. We all happen to know such humans who want us to stay single forever & some of them happen to be so-called friends. But pets are not like humans. They love you unconditionally. They don’t mind if you are not perfect. They don’t leave you when you are down. 

When I read about this particular case, I think it’s better for the man to get out of the picture. And 550 cats are too much for just about anyone. I think 5 cats are more than enough, if you could take care of them properly. However, I think it was also selfish on his part to ask her to get rid of all those cats & it was selfish on the part of the woman who never did anything to make the relationship work. Just imagine he couldn’t sleep well & then he had problem while having meals as cats used to steal food. This can be very annoying for someone who is not a cat lover. 



See I really don’t always side with women. This time I’m with the man even though I’m a cat person & you must give me points for that :P 

I’m totally against abandoning a pet even if he has behavior problem. You must accept the pet with his faults & be nice with him. Some pets can be perfect but not a single person on this planet could be called perfect. We all have faults. But when you’re married to someone, you must need to think about that person also. It’s pure selfishness just to think about your own happiness & what you like to do regardless of how it’s causing headaches to another person. The question arises: why do such people ever bother to marry? 

Source: