Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Charlize Theron on the cover of InStyle


Charlize Theron is the cover girl for the June issue of InStyle Magazine (US).

As of now, she’s promoting her two movies: Snow White & the Huntsman, & Prometheus. Both the movies will be released in June. 

She has also appeared on the cover of Madison magazine (June issue) & I like that cover. And we all know she is a beautiful woman. 



Now let’s see what she has said in her two interviews: 

“I don’t feel like I’m aging at all. I don’t think about that stuff. Especially not at 36. I see my face and my body changing, and they’re all changes I’m OK with. Part of me understands I may not be in front of the camera forever, and maybe not just because of age, but because of me. I wouldn’t have started my own production company if I didn’t feel that way.” 

I can totally relate to it. In your 30s, you don’t feel you’re aging. Of course you don’t feel like a teenager but you also don’t feel old or aged. 



She has adopted a child & you know they all inquire in every interview as to how she feels being a mom. 

“So far I’m not surprised by anything about being a mom. It’s all pretty great, but that’s what I expected.” 

Although she’s open to relationship but she’s a single mom & yeah they never get tired asking these questions in almost every interview.

“You know, I don’t think any mother aims to be a single mum. I didn’t wish for that, but it happened.” 




Anyway, she’s certainly not looking for a husband right now. 

“It’s never been a fantasy of mine. Marriage has never been that important to me. I don’t know why exactly. Some might say it’s because my parents didn’t have a good marriage, but I don’t think so. I treat my relationships like marriages. The ceremony isn’t that important to me.” 

Since marriage is important to almost everyone, they do get shock when someone is single or not tying the knot. I agree the ceremony isn’t that important & it doesn’t guarantee anything. A piece of paper doesn’t mean the person is loyal & it also doesn’t mean he will support you when you are not believable. 

“I like very simple, classic clothes. Some would say boring clothes, I guess. I don’t like things very tricky. T-shirts and blouses with a great pair of leggings or jeans. I like to feel like me."



And last but not least, she can’t stand pretentious folks. 

“You know what I can’t stand? I hate actors who come and quote Nietzsche. I don’t like pretentious s**t. I like being around people who like to live life and understand the value of it. I need to be around people who understand we’re not curing cancer here. I like professional actors who show up, do the job and are not a pain in the a** to either myself or the crew. I don’t believe in this idea that if you’re f****d up and Method, that’s the only way to do good work. It’s bulls**t. A professional actor does their homework beforehand and they do their job. Then when it’s all said and done, they have a beer with the crew. That’s what a professional actor does.” 

I wonder who is she referring to :P Sane people usually do not like pretentious & fake people I suppose. It’s just not with actors, but even with ordinary folks, I don’t think any normal person would like anyone who’s trying hard to impress. Quoting anyone just to make an impression is such a dumb thing. I’m not presuming or anything, but it reminds me of Kristen Stewart who gave that funny interview about books & she thought that using the word fuck would be all too hip. 

However, I think the definition of professional actor too would vary. Now we have Keira Knightley who doesn’t want to know about the private lives of other actors as she can’t enjoy watching the movie. We have all sorts of actors & actresses, & for the most part, they are all unimpressive. 

I’d really like to see actors like Harrison Ford, George Clooney, Jeremy Irons, James Caviezel, Christian Bale, Sophia Loren, Michelle Pfieffer, Jessica Lange, etc give interviews but unfortunately we get to see the same faces giving unimpressive, bizarre, & totally meaningless interviews all the time. 

Anyhow, Charlize Theron is fine in most of her interviews. She doesn’t ever try to pretend to be something else. That’s what I like about her. Since she’s genuinely beautiful, no one messes up with her pictures either.

Source: