Thursday, May 31, 2012

It doesn’t seem like yesterday anymore


Can’t believe today is the 20th death anniversary of Papa. Of course it doesn’t seem like yesterday…after all, 20 years is a pretty long time. 

Even on my blog, I’ve covered a couple of stories about wicked parents & every time I read such horrifying tales, I feel bad that my father is dead, who was not only a good father but also a great human. His death is certainly a huge loss. We need such courageous people in this country but unfortunately we just have living corpses. 

Anyhow, what I liked best about Papa was how he cared about his mom & he was never scared to take a stand against anyone. And yes unlike me, he had a genuine grin :P He was also full of life. I don’t know anyone in my family who’s anything like him. 

Well I won’t say he was the bestest father, cause I really do not believe in this bestest crap. He was my father & there was something about him. I’d say he was a cool dude. He was knowledgeable & he knew different languages. His collection is pretty cool, but I don’t think I’d ever be able to read all those books. 

Please don’t get me wrong but I do find it hilarious when someone says that he/she could sense dead people. In fact they just not feel the existence of the dead person being around, but they could even talk to him. I really don’t know the details…have read such status updates. However, I’m a psychic but I have never experienced anything of the sort. There are other beings for sure, but dead people don’t bother anyone & they can’t chat either. I think if dead people could talk, they might have been adding us on msn & skype just like irritating folks we don’t want to chat with. Yes unlike me, my Nani was damn good at her ability but even she didn’t talk to dead people. Of course I see them in my dreams sometimes & when I’m really down, I see my cat Princey. But that’s it. Dead folks can only talk to you in dreams & that too happens when they want to forewarn you about something. And if you are lucky, they might send you gifts. That’s about it.

I was supposed to talk about my dad & as usual I’m bitching :P My father believed in having fun. It was a good life & I’m sure he must be driving Mr. Satan nuts with his arguments. He even studied law but I don’t know why he didn’t practice it. Speaking of which reminds me of some closed minds who presume that civil servants take bribe like anything. Can’t do anything to open their eyes, but people also happen to come from good families & they don’t have to run after money. So far as bribe is concerned, that is given & taken in every profession…the package happens to be a little different. Yeah government servants take bribe, but some government servants even have the guts to file a case against the government & my father was one such person who could stand against corrupt decisions imposed on him by the government. I find that quality very admirable. He won the case in 87 & he was very happy. 

I know very few things about my father, cause I was just a teenager when he passed away. But it’s cute to know that I was just three days old when I started talking to him & even Z called him Maa. You know I happen to repeat this stuff & I can’t help that, cause I have very few memories.

I do find all those people very lucky whose parents die at the age 80 or so. And yeah I’m amazed at assholes & bitches who find parents something of a burden. Arguments with my mom are much fun & I think if Papa had been alive, I might have argued with him also. More importantly, I would have at least one person to talk about literature.