Friday, May 11, 2012

An unusual 13 hour shoot


This unusual 13 hour shoot was done to pay homage to the director David Cronenberg. 

As you can see a double of Robert Pattinson laying naked in bed with a pregnant woman & this photo shoot which was done for French magazine Premiere. 

There are also three video tapes scattered at the end of the bed & Robert Pattinson looks really disturbing & tired while staring at the pregnant woman. The idea is indeed edgy but I think Pattinson couldn’t pull through it. 

This was indeed a very unique shoot as it lasted for 13 hours. And it was entirely Pattinsson’s idea who wanted to dedicate it to David Cronenberg. 

The red silk blanket (or is it sheet?) is of course sexy but you can’t even think of using the word sexy for anything else. Robert Pattinson looks pathetic & extremely tired. The pregnant woman might be portraying the character of pregnant Sleeping Beauty. It’s another thing there is no beauty at all in this pic. 

Speaking to the magazine about his latest role, Pattinson said: 

“Filming Cosmopolis with Cronenberg changed something in me. It gave me balls.” 

Oh we can see that baby! Yeah balls to do the most pathetic shoot ever! There are guys who could have done justice. 

I'm sure you must be aware with the release of Breaking Dawn: Part Two this November, Pattinson will finally be saying good-bye to his Twilight days. 

“I’m going to be 26 and I can tell you that it’s starting to freak me out that I’m appealing to girls that are 13-years-old…I’m often wondering how things will change now, but I can’t believe there’s still one more to come.” 

What’s there to freak about? It’s a compliment that even 13 year old are crazy after him. He has the kind of face that could attract teenagers like anything.

I’m not a fan of Twilight but I really liked him in Water for Elephants. This guy has the potential. 

In his movie Cosmopolis, he portrays the character of billionaire Eric Packer who goes on a trek across Manhattan to get a haircut. It's pretty exciting to go on a trek yourself & to get a haircut makes it even more exciting. But that doesn't ensure you get balls by the end of the journey. Just kidding...I don't know...maybe it does :P

“I’m going through a phase were I’m trying to determine what I can accomplish or not as an actor. It’s even more complex when you know you have a past, even though people like David don’t pay any attention to it.” 

There ought to be a lot of pressure on actors & we just don’t realize it.