Thursday, May 10, 2012

The new Spider Man


Andrew Garfield is not bad but he’s really worried about his upcoming movie The Amazing Spider Man. 

I have nothing against Tobey MacGuire. He is a good actor & he was also a fine Spider man  but I think Andrew Garfield might turn out to be even better. 

He said in the interview featured in VMan magazine: 

“Right now I have a host of fears that I'm contending with on a minute-to-minute basis. I'm not in the reality of it yet, so I'm sure I'm imagining it will be much worse than it is.” 

This guy is seriously worried. Anyhow, the photo shoot for V is not that bad either. 



“Peter Parker has inspired me to feel stronger, he made me, Andrew, braver. He reassured me that by doing the right thing it's worth it, it's worth the struggle, it's worth the pain, it's worth even the tears and the bruises and the blood...He saved my life." 

Alright. I really don’t know how to respond when I read this kind of thing. I can understand that Peter Parker is a dream role but can that character inspire a person to this extent? And if it can, then how come we have such a rotten world? It seems no one gets inspired by anyone at all. Even in real life, I haven’t met a single person who could have that sort of effect on one. But then I don’t get impressed that easily. And even when I do, I don’t want to follow in the footsteps of that individual. 



“What I'd love is for Spider-Man fans to be...I like the idea of everyone being one, because you were the guy in the suit and now I'm the guy in the suit and there'll be another guy in the suit later down the line. The whole celebrity myth is very new and interesting to me, whether one can just be an actor and also be in one of these roles.” 

I think he’s nervous & yes right now he sounds down to earth. Let’s see for how long. 

And the poor thing is so tense that he even looks stressed out in the pictures…Oh I know bloody well it’s not my imagination! :P Or maybe he was supposed to look worried or maybe they asked him to think too deeply & that went overboard or something. Who knows! But the guy is good-looking.



I also read that 10 years ago, 2002's original Spider-Man became the first film in history to pass the $100 million mark in an opening weekend. At $39 million, it was the highest opening-day gross of all time, a record that would remain unbroken—until Spider-Man 2… Spider-Man rewrote the rules of the blockbuster.

I’m sure there is too much pressure on this guy. We wish him all the best.

And Tobey, we also liked you as Spider Man. Tobey MacGuire may not be that good-looking, but he seemed one of us & I think it was easier to relate to someone of the sort. It has been the same case with SRK. But even Tobey & SRK are much, much better looker than Samantha Brick. 

Source: