Friday, May 25, 2012

Main Zindagai Ka Saath Nibhata Chala Gaya – Hum Dono


I heard this song yesterday after a long time & I really liked it when I was a teenager, so I couldn’t get it out of my head. I still like this song & you know I'm a huge fan of Rafi.

I think it’s difficult to follow what he says but if a person does, then maybe you won’t feel pain anymore. It reminds me of the sayings of Buddha actually. Rafi sahab sounds so much like Sonu Nigam in this song. 

Anyhow, I like this attitude & while I was a teenager, I really wanted to follow it but I could never succeed. 

Barbadiyon ka shoog manana fizul tha 
Barbadiyon ka jashan manata chala gaya 

Of course you can act in front of others that you are happy & it doesn’t mean anything & you don’t give a shit & yes I have seen that people do get deceive. But it’s not about people, it’s about you & how you feel. Pretending & acting are two things that don’t help. Even if one succeeds in deceiving, which I have done a number of times, I don’t think it makes one happy or satisfied. It’s just good for a laugh. 

Jo mil gaya usi ko muqaddar samajh liya 
Jo kho gaya mein usko bhulata chala gaya 

I think it’s easier to forget what you have lost. I mean it’s not that easy, but you move on. But I don’t always accept what fate offers me so that has always been a big no, no. I believe jo mil gaya could be also be crap & it’s better to throw it. 

However, I find this extremely difficult to this day. In fact there is a huge question mark as to how one could achieve it. 

Gham aur khushi mein farq na mehsoos ho jahan 
Main dil ko us muqaam pe laata chala gaya 

You have to forget the difference between happiness or sadness & that could only be achieved when you realize that happiness doesn’t mean much. And sadness also leaves you at one point. When nothing seems to have any impact on you, life would be tension free. But is it worth living? You are not being true to your heart. You may escape sadness or whatever that gives headaches or happiness that is so very fleeting & meaningless, but still somewhere you are not being true to yourself. 

I think Dev Anand looks pretty stylish. I don’t know what happened to him later on. He stopped somewhere…God knows in which era. He was very cool guy. I haven’t seen this movie…Can’t say anything about it. But the song is worth pondering over. I wonder if question marks would ever vanish for me.