Friday, April 20, 2012

Hum Na Samjay Thay Baat Itni Si – Gardish


I simply love this song. There is so much truth in it. 

I think it’s the best movie of Jackie Shroff. Amrish Puri on the other hand had worked in lots of good movies. 

I like the entire song. I believe every stanza says something about life. 

The main stanza is kind of earth shattering discovery & now I don’t even remember how was it like when I made this discovery. 

“Hum na samjay tha baat itni si 
 Khwaab sheeshay kay duniya pathhar ki” 

I also like these lines: 

“Sirf veeranee, sirf tanhayee 
Zindagi humko ye kahan laayee 
Kho gayi humse raah manzil ki”

In some cases, it’s not that you have lost the directions, you don’t even care as to where you go. Life does this. 

And this is the whole truth & your world doesn’t come tumbling down, cause you’re used to such stuff by the time you make this awesome discovery. 

“Kya koi beche kya koi baante 
Apne daaman mein sirf hain kaante 
Aur dukanein hain sirf phoolon ki” 

That’s what I like about poetry, they say things in few words & in a very beautiful way.