Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jaane jaan dhoondhta phir raha hoon tumhein - Jawani Diwani


Wow this film was released in 1972, that is, much before I was born. I feel so much younger :P

I haven’t seen this movie but I think Jaya Bachchan & Randir Kapoor looked good together. 

Since this film is famous for its songs, naturally most of us have heard & seen them. And the credit of course goes to R. D. Burman, Anand Bakshi, Asha Bhosle, & Kishore Kumar. 

I like this particular song, cause there is so much intensity in these lines: 

“Jaanejaan dhoondhta phir raha hoon tumhein raat din 
Main yahan se wahan 
Mujhko aawaaz do chhup gaye ho sanam tum kahan” 

However, it’s not my favourite song or anything. I just like the way they say ‘Main yahan, Tum kahan.’ You know what I mean. I like this kind of thing.

It’s basically the main stanza which is catchy. And for once Jaya Bachchan looked nice. 

I also like the other song "Saamne Yeh Kaun Aaya," and my sister loves "Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani.” In fact the remix of Saamne yeh kaun aaya was just awesome. It was so much fun to watch it. 

And yes Karishma Kapoor looks a lot like her father.