Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Second chances


The other day my friend wanted me to think over this quote: 

“Second chances are rare, use your first chance wisely.” 

You see I don’t agree with every saying that I read. In fact I also don’t agree with my mentors. 

So far as this quote is concerned, I think everyone will have a different opinion. And I don’t think that every saying could be applied to everyone. I have met people who believe that one should lead his life by following quotes of masterminds & I think this is the most stupidest thing you could do to yourself. It’s your life. Think for yourself. Make mistakes. Find out things on your own. It’s ridiculous to follow in the footsteps of geniuses. It might have worked for them but you don’t know if it could work for you. 

While I was a teenager, I was pretty much influenced by my elder sister & best friend. I know it’s hard to believe but we all make mistakes. Few days ago, I said in one of my blog posts that people always say they don’t want to change a single thing but I would if I could get a chance. So if I ever could change anything about my life, this is one such thing. It’s just that I can’t & I have to live with it for the rest of my life. 

Now coming to the quote, there could be a possibility that your 1st chance has been fucked up by others, what then? There is also a possibility that a person didn’t get any chance in his life whatsoever. There are unlucky people out there. And some people do get plenty of chances just like that. There is a possibility that your first chance wasn’t good enough & the second one has far more potential of success. You never know. Some people fuck every chance. There are 101 possibilities. We don’t have any answer as to what could work for everyone. 

Anyhow, don’t wait for a chance but do take a chance whenever you can. Life is really too short. 

Moreover I often read on FB that what you see in others & dislike is something which is very much present in you. It’s like what you see in others & you kind of see all sorts of things & find faults with, you actually see yourself. I think you get the picture what I’m talking about. I know I haven’t said it very nicely but nevertheless you get the idea. Now if I criticize or feel sick in the presence of a rapist or molester, does that make me a rapist as well? I do criticize on my blog on a daily basis, does that mean I’m just like that murderer, abuser, faker, hypocrite, closed mind, psycho, etc out there? For instance, I don’t think much of people like Samantha Brick & Sarah Barge, does that make me something as hideous & dirty as gutter? We don’t like certain people, cause they give us trouble or negative vibes. It’s also a trend to say one is jealous if one doesn’t like someone. How can one be jealous of someone who is creating all kinds of hurdles for you? 

The point is…these quotes cannot apply on everyone in the same way.