Monday, April 23, 2012

Rosie - One of the oldest cats


I get super excited whenever I read something nice about cats & dogs. 

This girl Rosie happens to be 25 year old & that means 112 human years. Incredible! She is one of the oldest cats in Britain. 

This cool girl hangs around at the bar as the pub landlady Christine Dilworth owns her.

Christine said: “We've had other cats over the years, but Rosie is special…Not a day goes by without anybody asking how she is and lots of people take photographs of her on their phones - I think she secretly enjoys her celebrity status.” 

I’m sure Rosie loves all that attention. Wish my cats had been friendly with people. They just don’t like them. In fact, my cat Danny used to be friendly with people but now he has become equally unfriendly just like my other pets. My dog is only friendly with dog people otherwise he barks at just about anyone. He doesn’t like people either. People also give me a bad feeling. I think they have taken it from me :P

Anyhow, few years ago Rosie also developed cancer on her ear but she’s doing fine now. It’s strange that cats develop cancer once they are old. 

“Some cats are nervous, but Rosie is just so lovely with people. She's such a character, in her own little way. Little kids coming in with their parents get excited to see her.” 

Christine had Rosie before one of her sons was born & her kids cannot imagine life without this kitty. 

“We had Rosie before Michael was born, so she's a member of our family. She's always been in their lives and they have never known any different.” 

 I just read few comment & people who don’t know cats have to express themselves. Fine. You don’t like cats & you find them dirty. This is not going to change the viewpoint of animal lovers. I think idiotic humans have coined the term ugly for cats. They are anything but ugly. Such humans should check out their own images in the mirror. Why do they waste time on such write-ups when they can’t stand cats? They have so much time in the world for things they don't like.

The oldest cat ever recorded by the Guinness Book of Records was Creme Puff a female from Texas which died at age of 38 years and 3 days in August 2005. But last year a family in South Wales claimed to have the oldest in the world after their pet Lucy reached its 39th birthday. 

My oldest cat is 15 year old & my other 2 old cats are 14. They are siblings but one of them have got tumor. She had a surgery two years ago, but she has developed it again. So let’s see. And my 15 year old cat also gets ill every now & then now.

Anyhow, we wish Rosie a very long life. I hope she breaks the record & she’s very cute. I wish I could kiss her, cause she seems a friendly kitty. Actually it reminds me of the woman who tried to kiss the dog on TV & then we all know what happened. Who in his/her senses would try to kiss a dog he has just met! You’ve got to be mad. We have this very friendly Rottweiler in our neighborhood. I have petted him, but I can never think about kissing him. Even though he’s one of the sweetest Rottweilers I’ve ever met. But there is a thing known as friendly Rottweiler. That’s my point.