Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yes, I do believe in something


Well these are the lines I was referring to in one of my posts yesterday.

 “Yes, I do believe in something. I believe in being warm-hearted. I believe especially in being warm-hearted in love, in fucking with a warm heart. I believe if men could fuck with warm hearts, and the women take it warm-heartedly, everything would come all right. It’s all this cold-hearted fucking that is death & idiocy.” 

D. H. Lawrence 

I don’t think everyone will agree with it. Since it’s an opinion, not a fact, there’s no harm in looking at it with an open mind. It’s good to believe in something & it’s even better to be warm-hearted. But what I find funny is the sound of it – ‘Fucking with a warm heart.’ I’d rather call it warm-hearted love making & cold-hearted sex. 

Even in the song ‘Nobody Told Me’, John Lennon says, ‘Everybody's making love and no one really cares.’ It’s almost the same thing but somehow it sounds a bit sophisticated. People make love & it really means nothing. It’s beyond me how people get so very intimate without feeling anything at all. But I think D. H. Lawrence regards it as cold-hearted sex. And by cold-hearted, it doesn’t mean the person is impotent but something is definitely missing even if they are hot stuff in bed. It’s all reduced to a little dirty business between two sheets. 

In order to reach any conclusion, we need more people to give their views.

And there’s a possibility that one partner is cold-hearted & the other is warm-hearted, then what? And what if this warm-hearted person only sleeps with cold-hearted things? For the heck of fun, one can dissect this, but on a serious note, I think it’s difficult to go on. I think we need well experienced people to shed light on this. 

When he says, ‘I believe if men could fuck with warm hearts, and the women take it warm-heartedly, everything would come all right’…Does that mean this kind of love making will solve all the problems? 

I have a feeling that I’ve failed. I’m just not the right person to talk on this topic. I wish I could talk to some of university teachers on this particular topic, cause they are the only people who wouldn’t take it in the wrong sense.

I believe my dad could have written a thousand times better piece. This was really tough on me :P And the fact that I have failed miserably is going to bother me for quite some time.

Yes, I do believe in something (continued)