Thursday, April 26, 2012

Natasha got back her freedom


I hope you guys remember 12 year old real-life Rapunzel. Well Natasha Moraes de Andrade has chopped off her hair. She even wept like anything but now she says it has given her a new life. 

She has a simple bob & it takes only five minutes to shampoo them. Earlier on it took four hours every week to wash them& an hour and a half to brush every day. 



“Now I'm having cycling lessons, and I've got my freedom back. I much prefer it. I want to learn English and Spanish, and I've been able to go to the beach and swim without being afraid of getting my hair wet.” 

We can totally understand that. It must have been a hectic routine to wash & brush hair. She’s just 12. She needs to have fun & I’m glad she took the right decision at the right time. 

Moreover, she has sold her hair & she will be using that money to buy house for her family. 

Kids at school still refer to her as Rapunzel. 



“I thought it would stop when I had it cut, but people still stop me in the street. If I had a daughter of my own, she would also be a princess, but she would be Snow White, not Rapunzel. That would be much more practical.” 

Anyway, in the title they have said she got $5,000 & in the article, it is $9,000 (about £3,000). I’m a little confused…Not that I care about someone’s bank balance. I’m glad they have money to buy a proper house for themselves. But when you’re telling the amount, it’s better to let us know accurately. That’s what reporting is all about I suppose.