Thursday, April 26, 2012

I know a heartache when I see one – Jennifer Warnes


I used to listen to this song in my school days like mad. But I didn’t learn anything at all. I was quite a fool. Of course it was kind of impossible to go into such much depth. And then we need to gather experiences to know the true meaning. 

Anyway, I liked these lines. It’s just that I had no clue at that time. 

“Time is a teacher, oh, and it's taught me well 
The loser is the one who cries 
And when you've cried like a baby and you've hurt like hell 
You know the Devil by the look in his eyes” 

Now I know a heartache when I see one for sure. And for a long time, I thought loser is the one who cries. But now I don’t think so because I’ve learnt my lesson well. “So don't you knock on my door, I won't be home anymore” :P 

Well the main stanza is very, very meaningful. And she has sung it with so much passion. I really like the sound of it…all credit goes to Jennifer. 

“Oh, you hide it so well, it isn't easy to tell 
But I know a heartache when I see one!” 

Anyway, this one is now my favourite line: 

“But, baby, I know what you really are!” 

And let me tell you that I thoroughly enjoy the fact that many people still think I’m dumb & they can fool me. How can people underestimate others? I think this is the biggest mistake. 

Jennifer Warnes really has a beautiful voice. It seems I find every singer’s voice beautiful. Well it’s not so. I can assure you I don’t like Ali Zafar’s voice & there are many others including the most pathetic Paris Hilton.